Unlike conventional depositors, The Wiegers PDP system does not work with an open hopper but utilises a closed common rail (manifold) with a servo driven progressing cavity metering pump feeding each nozzle.
The common manifold is kept under constant pressure by a feeding pump, mounted below a buffer tank. This tank is jacketed and fitted with a slow rotating anchor type stirrer, which ensures that all the product remains homogenised at all times, thus eliminating the risk of product staling, as will occur in an open hopper as used in conventional systems. Neither is there risk of skinning, which happens if product is held in a hopper for a period of time.
The product in the common manifold that feeds the nozzles on the WPI, is held under constant pressure, which ensures extremely accurate depositing across the width of the conveyor regardless of the number of nozzles in operation at any given time.
- Buffer tank – supplied in jacketed construction, with a slow rotating stirrer, which keeps the batter fresh before being transferred to the manifold via a lobe pump.
- Temperature controlled delivery pipework and manifold.
- Product feeding via progressing cavity pumps, with servo drive and pressure feedback signal for each nozzle from the depositor’s common manifold.
- Stainless steel frame to support the depositing common manifold and nozzle rail over the baking tray conveyor or oven band.
- The nozzle rail can also be mounted with servo driven, horizontal tracking to deposit into moving trays on continuous automatic lines.
- Nozzles are fully adjustable horizontally and are quick to change. They can be opened or closed to adjust the number of required depositing outlets. Importantly, the accuracy of deposit weights across the conveyor remains constant regardless of how many nozzles are in operation.
- Suitable for indexing and, or continuous depositing.
- Can also be supplied as a standalone depositor, with or without an integral conveyor.
- Stainless steel control cabinet with Allen Bradley PLC and colour touch screen HMI.
- Full CIP
- EWON VPN monitoring
- Incredibly accurate and consistent deposit weights.
- CIP: a. No wasted time removing a hopper from the line. B. No messy operation cleaning the system over the conveyor. C. No manual cleaning on product change over. D. Options for distinct parts of the system to be CIP, saving time during production.
- Capable of depositing a wide range of products, with or without particulates.
- Simultaneous multiple: colour/flavour product deposit possibility per deposit.
- Co- extruding possibilities producing- encapsulated products or ring and dot depositing.
- Possible automatic integration with pre-mixer, buffer tank and aerator.
- Consistently reliable.
- Has greater longevity.
- Can be linked automated bulk handling systems.
- Wire-cut cookies